from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Bosnia and Herzegovina, a country in the former Yugoslavia, in southeastern Europe.
- n. A person from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- proper n. The standardized variety of Serbo-Croatian, a South Slavic language, spoken primarily by Bosniaks in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to Bosnia-Herzegovina.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Bosnia, a nominal province of Turkey, lying west of Servia, the administration of which was transferred to Austria-Hungary by the Berlin Congress of 1878.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Bosnia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Bosnia-Herzegovina or the people of Bosnia
Asked by defence attorney Vesna Alaburić whether territorial defence, TO, troops loyal to the Sarajevo government - what she called the Bosnian president's army - had "enough force to eliminate the attacking JNA and Bosnian Serb forces", the witness said it did not.
Co-authored paper and presentation on forgiveness and morality in Bosnian adolescents; varsity pole vaulter.
MR. VERSHBOW: People keep using the word Bosnian Serb state.
His language service provides interpreting and translating services in Arabic, Bosnian, German, Mandarin, Russian, Somali and Spanish.
It was because of his expertise that I turned to him back in 2006 when the so-called Bosnian pyramid was being picked up by various media.
The effort, also known as the Bosnian Book of the Dead, surprised the public, who had consistently been told that 250,000 citizens died.
His rhetoric -- calling Bosnian Serb leaders "war profiteers" who were "insane with political ambitions and greed" -- seemed a familiar ploy to stall Western action.
We did have Hello Kitty but only in Bosnian, which is not our native tongue.......
• Bora at Science and Politics expresses skepticism about a discovery that hits close to home, the so-called Bosnian pyramid...
Q Does the President support the idea of Bosnian Muslim enclaves defended by U.S. military forces?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.