American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Serbia; a Serb.
- n. Serbo-Croatian as spoken in Serbia and adjacent regions, written in a Cyrillic alphabet.
- adj. Of or relating to Serbia or its people, language, or culture.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as Servian.
- n. A person from the Balkan country of Serbia.
- n. A Serb.
- n. The standardized variety of Serbo-Croatian, a South Slavic language, spoken by Serbs.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Serbia and Serbians.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Serbian language.
- n. a member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries
- adj. of or relating to the people or language or culture of the region of Serbia
“MILORAD SAVICEVIC, SERBIAN BUSINESSMAN: He destroyed the Serbian states, actually.”
“Darko told him to help lift my luggage into the trunk in Serbian and he did.”
“This priest blessed me and told Darko in Serbian he could not hear my confession owing to his not understanding English well.”
“Bulgaria was primarily interested in Serbian territory, especially Macedonia, which it had lost in the Treaty of Bucharest of 1913.”
“So, with an average IQ of 89, we are to believe that the average Serbian is only about 4 points into the normal range?”
“I had to honour to be interviewed for PunMiris.com, an online perfume magazine and perfume community in Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian.”
“Serbian is written in the Cyrillic alphabet, is identified with the Eastern Orthodox branch of the Catholic Church, and borrows its high-culture words from the east -- from Russian and Old Church Slavic.”
“It was possible on any given Sunday to walk from block to block and hear priests offering sermons in Polish, Serbian, German, Russian.”
“These young mutants are from Bosnia, they go on the rampage during football championships and wrap themselves in Croatian, Serbian and Turkish flags as in a protective placenta.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Serbian’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Serbian.