from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Serbia.
- n. A person of Serbian descent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person of Serb descent (not necessarily from Serbia).
- adj. Of or pertaining to the culture of the Serbs; Serbo-Croatian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Servia or the Servians.
- n. A native of Servia; a Servian.
- n. The language of the Servians; Servian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries
Serbian Srb.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Serbo-Croatian Srbi, from Proto-Indo-European *ser- (“to protect, watch over”); akin to Latin servo ("I guard, I protect"), Old English searu ("weapons, armor"), Lithuanian sárgas ("watchman"), Greek ἥρως (hērōs, "hero"), Avestan haraiti, haurvaiti ("he guards"). (Wiktionary)