from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Assyria or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Assyria.
- n. See Akkadian.
- n. The Assyrian dialects of Akkadian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who resided in the ancient region on the Upper Tigris river, with capital city of Assur.
- n. A citizen of an ancient nation and empire, including the northern half of Mesopotamia, with capital city of Nineveh.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ancient region on the Upper Tigris river, with capital city of Assur.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ancient nation and empire, including the northern half of Mesopotamia, with capital city of Nineveh.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Assyria, or to its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Assyria or to its inhabitants.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Assyria, an ancient country of Asia, east of the river Tigris, long at the head of the powerful Assyrian empire, including Babylonia and other neighboring countries.
- n. The language of the Assyrians, which has been preserved by and largely recovered from their cuneiform inscriptions. See cuneiform.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the language of modern Iraq
- n. an inhabitant of ancient Assyria
- n. an extinct language of the Assyrians in ancient Mesopotamia
From Assur, the original capital city of Assyria (Wiktionary)