from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Albania or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Albania.
- n. The Indo-European language of the Albanians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Albania, the Albanian people or the Albanian language.
- n. A person from Albania or of Albanian descent.
- proper n. The languages spoken by the Albanian people, primarily spoken in Albania and Kosovo. (ISO language codes: alb/sqi/sq (Tosk), aln (Gheg), aat (Arvanitika), aae (Arbëresh))
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Caucasian Albania, to its people or language.
- n. An inhabitant of Caucasian Albania. Udi people are descended from them.
- proper n. The extinct Northeast Caucasian language once spoken by these people. Udi language is descended from it.
- adj. of or from the city of Albany, New York State
- n. Someone from the city of Albany, New York State.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Albania, a province of Turkey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to modern Albania, or to its inhabitants, or their language, manners, customs, etc.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Albania, a division of European Turkey, comprising the greater part of the ancient Epirus, and parts of Illyria and Macedonia.
- n. plural Light cavalry, formerly recruited in Albania and the neighboring lands, and armed according to the Levantine fashion of the time.
- n. The language of Albania, possessing strongly marked dialects, and usually classed as Aryan or Indo-European.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Indo-European language spoken by the people of Albania
- adj. of or relating to Albania or its people or language or culture
- n. a native or inhabitant of Albania
From Middle French Albanien, from Old French albaneis, from Albanie ("Albania"), from Medieval Latin Albania, from Vulgar Latin *albanus ("Albanian"), from Ancient Greek Ἀλβανοί (Albanoí, "a southern Illyrian tribe") (compare Old Albanian arbër, arbën 'Albanian') (Wiktionary)
From (Caucasian) Albania + -ian (Wiktionary)
Albany + -ian (Wiktionary)