from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Sicily or its inhabitants.
- proper n. The language of Sicily.
- n. A native of Sicily.
- n. Any chess opening that starts 1 e4 c5.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Sicily or its inhabitants.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Sicily.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Sicily (a large island in the Mediterranean, south of Italy, now belonging to the kingdom of Italy) or its inhabitants.
- n. A native or a naturalised inhabitant of Sicily; specifically, a member of the indigenous Sicilian race, now a mixture of many races who in former times successively colonized parts of the island. See Siculian.
- n. In geology, the uppermost stage of the Pliocene Tertiary in southern Europe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Sicily or the people of Sicily
- n. a resident of Sicily
Sorry, no etymologies found.