from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Athens, Greece, or its people.
- n. A citizen of Athens, Greece.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An inhabitant, resident, or citizen of Athens, Greece
- adj. Of or pertaining to Athens, Greece
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Greek goddess Athena
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Athens, the metropolis of Greece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Athens, anciently the metropolis of Attica in Greece, and now the capital of the kingdom of Greece.
- n. A native or citizen of Athens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Athens or its inhabitants
- n. a resident of Athens
Sorry, no etymologies found.