from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Moors or their culture.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a style of Spanish architecture of the 8th to the 16th century, characterized by the horseshoe arch and ornate decoration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the Moors or their culture
- adj. Of or pertaining to a style of Spanish architecture from the time of the Moors, characterized by the horseshoe arch and ornate, geometric decoration
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the characteristics of a moor or heath.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Morocco or the Moors; in the style of the Moors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marshy; resembling a. moor.
- Belonging to a moor; growing on a moor: as, moorish reeds.
- Having the qualities of a moor; characterless; barren.
- Of or pertaining to the Moors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of the Moors
- n. a style of architecture common in Spain from the 13th to 16th centuries; characterized by horseshoe-shaped arches
From Moor + -ish. (Wiktionary)