from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characteristic of Moorish art or architecture.
- n. An ornament or a decoration in Moorish style.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Moorish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to, or in the manner or style of, the Moors; Moorish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Moorish; of Moorish design, or of design imitating Moorish work.
- n. A style of decoration by means of flat patterns, interlacings, simple scrolls, and the like, and usually in crude color or in slight relief on metal-work, founded upon Moorish decoration.
- n. Also spelled Mauresque.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of the Moors
French, from Old French, from Spanish Morisco, Morisco; see Morisco.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)