from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman teacher, especially one who is regarded as strict or old-fashioned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman who is a teacher, especially a teacher in a schoolhouse; may carry the connotation she is severe.
- n. A person, male or female, who exhibits characteristics attributed to schoolteachers of the old times (as strict adherence to arbitrary rules, is strict on those who don't comply to those rules, etc.)
- n. A tree with two or more trunks; a forked tree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bad spelling of schoolma'am.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman schoolteacher (especially one regarded as strict)
school1 + dialectal marm (variant of ma'am).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From school + marm. (Wiktionary)