from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soft, light-textured bread made from eggs, butter, flour, and yeast and formed into a roll or a bun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of bun, of French origin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light sweet pastry (cake, bun or roll) made with flour, butter, yeast, and eggs.
- n. A knitted foot cushion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sort of pastry made with flour, eggs, and butter.
- n. A round and stuffed cushion for the feet to rest on.
- n. A stitch in knitting, originally used in making this kind of footstool.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a light roll rich with eggs and butter and somewhat sweet
French, from Old French, from broyer, brier, to knead, of Germanic origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French (Wiktionary)