from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Filled with plums.
- adj. Smelling or tasting of plums.
- adj. Choice; desirable: a plummy leading role; a plummy job.
- adj. Exceedingly or affectedly mellow and rich: a plummy voice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, containing, or characteristic of plums
- adj. desirable; profitable; advantageous
- adj. rich, mellow and carefully articulated, especially with an upper-class accent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of a plum; desirable; profitable; advantageous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of plums or excellences; hence, good; desirable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very desirable
- adj. (of a voice) affectedly mellow and rich
Sorry, no etymologies found.