from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Contaminated with flyblows.
- adj. Tainted; corrupt: a flyblown reputation.
- adj. Dirty or rundown; squalid: a flyblown bar on the edge of town.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. contaminated with flyblows
- adj. tainted
- adj. sordid, squalid
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tainted or contaminated with flyblows; damaged; foul.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tainted with flyblows; hence, spoiled; impure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. foul and run-down and repulsive
- adj. spoiled and covered with eggs and larvae of flies
- adj. especially of reputation
Sorry, no etymologies found.