from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The egg or larva of a blowfly, usually deposited on meat.
- transitive v. To deposit flyblows on.
- transitive v. To contaminate; taint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The larva of the blowfly, especially when found on rotten meat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deposit eggs upon, as a flesh fly does on meat; to cause to be maggoty; hence, to taint or contaminate, as if with flyblows.
- n. One of the eggs or young larvæ deposited by a flesh fly, or blowfly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make flyblown; taint with or as if with flyblows: chiefly in figurative uses.
- To deposit eggs on meat or the like, as a fly.
- n. The egg of a fly, the presence of which in numbers on meat, etc., makes it tainted and maggoty.
- Of the nature of flyblow; flyblown.
Sorry, no etymologies found.