American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Covered or smeared with filth; disgustingly dirty. See Synonyms at dirty.
- adj. Obscene; scatological.
- adj. Vile; nasty: a filthy traitor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing or involved in filth; foul; dirty; noisome; nasty.
- Morally foul; defiled by sinful practices; polluted.
- Low; scurvy; contemptible; mean.
- Synonyms Dirty, Foul, etc. (see nasty); squalid.
- Impure, corrupt, gross.
- adj. Covered with filth; very dirty.
- adj. Obscene or offensive.
- adj. Very unpleasant or disagreeable.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Defiled with filth, whether material or moral; nasty; dirty; polluted; foul; impure; obscene.
- adj. disgustingly dirty; filled or smeared with offensive matter
- adj. vile; despicable.
- adj. characterized by obscenity
- filth + -y (Wiktionary)
“Shai (ph) captured these images on her phone of her father and what she described as a filthy hospital.”
“Shai captured these images on her phone of her father as what she described as a filthy hospital.”
“Shai captured these images on her phone of her father in what she described as a filthy hospital.”
“Opposition officials said Tsvangirai had been held in what they described as a filthy, overcrowded cell.”
“After his arrest, Shaw was taken to a holding prison in Kabul which he described as filthy and reeking of sewage, but when the death threats began he was moved to the US-run Counter”
“Ceres police detectives launched a criminal investigation after finding evidence of what they called a filthy and unsanitary home after two-year-old Aureliano Valdez died Sunday.”
“Another said it was an unacceptable attempt to exalt what he called a filthy past.”
“Shai captured images on her cell phone of her father in what she described as a filthy hospital.”
“There is no satisfactory explanation for why ANYONE would endure anal sex, rimming, fisting, golden showers – and sex with strangers in filthy park bathrooms.”
“Has it really gotten to the point where people are walking around in filthy clothes they never wash and consider it "cool"?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘filthy’.
What a -Y does to an otherwise common, dull word
Words used quite often in steampunk
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 2369 more...
My big word list.
A complete list of the green cards (adjectives) from the popular word game.
This novel by Glen Duncan, aside from being a ripping yarn and beautifully written, is just littered with words that I had to look up and discover that often his use of the word not only fitted per...
Looking for tweets for filthy.