from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Coated or soiled with grease.
- adj. Containing grease, especially too much grease: a greasy hamburger.
- adj. Suggestive of grease in slickness or slipperiness: a greasy character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a slippery surface; having a surface covered with grease.
- adj. Containing a lot of grease or fat.
- adj. detestable, unethical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of, or characterized by, grease; oily; unctuous.
- adj. Smeared or defiled with grease.
- adj. Like grease or oil; smooth; seemingly unctuous to the touch, as is mineral soapstone.
- adj. Fat of body; bulky.
- adj. Gross; indelicate; indecent.
- adj. Affected with the disease called grease; as, the heels of a horse. See Grease, n., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of grease; having much grease or fat; oily; unctuous; fat: as, greasy food.
- Smeared or soiled with grease; hence, slippery as if from being greased.
- Like grease or oil; seemingly unctuous to the touch: as, a chalk that has a greasy feel.
- Slimy; muddy; foul.
- Foggy; misty.
- Nautical, dirty; foul; disagreeable: said of weather.
- Gross; indecent.
- In farriery, affected with the disease called grease: as, a horse with greasy legs.
- Successful in whaling; having taken a full cargo of oil: as in the expression greasy luck.
- See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing an unusual amount of grease or oil
- adj. smeared or soiled with grease or oil
Sorry, no etymologies found.