from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or composed of animal fat; fatty.
- n. The fat found in adipose tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, related to, or composed of fat; fatty
- n. animal fat stored in the tissue of the body
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fat present in the cells of adipose tissue, composed mainly of varying mixtures of tripalmitin, tristearin, and triolein. It solidifies after death.
- adj. Of or pertaining to animal fat; fatty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fatty; consisting of, resembling, or having relation to fat.
- n. Fat in general; specifically, the fat on the kidneys.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. composed of animal fat
New Latin adipōsus, from Latin adeps, adip-, fat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Latin adeps "fat, lard" (Wiktionary)