from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Rounded and plump. See Synonyms at fat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft.
- adj. Of a body part, containing a moderate amount of fat.
- n. A chubby, plump person
- n. Especially a gay man.
- n. An erection of the penis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a chub; plump, short, and thick.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Round and plump.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sufficiently fat so as to have a pleasing fullness of figure
Probably from chub (from the plumpness of the fish).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
recorded since 1611, from chub (short, thick fish species, used as bait), used metaphorically for "lazy person" since 1558; perhaps influenced by Old Norse kumba "log" and/or kumben "stumpy." (Wiktionary)