from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to meat.
- adj. Having the flavor or smell of meat.
- adj. Full of or containing meat.
- adj. Heavily fleshed.
- adj. Prompting considerable thought: a meaty theme for study and debate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or containing meat.
- adj. Resembling meat in flavour, etc.
- adj. Of a person or a body part, large and solid.
- adj. Substantial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding in meat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A bounding in meat; fleshy: as, meaty cattle.
- Resembling meat, or characteristic of it: as, a meaty flavor.
- Figuratively, pithy; full of meaning or significance; condensed, as a treatise giving much information in small compass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being on topic and prompting thought
- adj. like or containing meat
meat + -y (Wiktionary)