from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by expression.
- adj. Serving to express or indicate: actions expressive of frustration.
- adj. Full of expression; significant: an expressive glance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Effectively conveying thought or feeling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving to express, utter, or represent; indicative; communicative; -- followed by of.
- adj. Full of expression; vividly representing the meaning or feeling meant to be conveyed; significant; emphatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of expression; forcibly expressing or clearly representing; significant.
- Serving to express, utter, or represent: followed by of: as, a look expressive of gratitude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by expression
Sorry, no etymologies found.