from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of presenting or displaying.
- n. Performance, as in a competition or test of skill: a poor showing.
- n. A presentation of evidence, facts, or figures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of show.
- n. An occasion when something is shown.
- n. A result, a judgement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Appearance; display; exhibition.
- n. Presentation of facts; statement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Appearance; coming into view.
- n. Aspect; looks.
- n. A setting forth or demonstration by words: as, he is wrong by his own showing.
- n. A warning; a prophecy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something shown to the public
- n. the display of a motion picture
Sorry, no etymologies found.