from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of presenting or displaying.
- n. Performance, as in a competition or test of skill: a poor showing.
- n. A presentation of evidence, facts, or figures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of show.
- n. An occasion when something is shown.
- n. A result, a judgement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Appearance; display; exhibition.
- n. Presentation of facts; statement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Appearance; coming into view.
- n. Aspect; looks.
- n. A setting forth or demonstration by words: as, he is wrong by his own showing.
- n. A warning; a prophecy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something shown to the public
- n. the display of a motion picture
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The merchandise in the boutique is funkier than what a Nordstrom would carry - one perfume sold there is called "Fat Electrician," with the label showing a sliver of a man's bottom breaking free from his pants.
The merchandise in the boutique is funkier than a Nordstrom would carry - one perfume sold there is called "Fat Electrician," with the label showing a sliver of a man's bottom breaking free from his pants.
The audience, all men, look sheepish, except for Mr. Winogrand, who stands with his Leica at the ready, his expression showing him concentrated on getting the best shot.
In addition, the ads would have a tag showing who "liked" the product, giving it extra credibility.
Great Wall sells a $72 red wine in an individual wooden case with a glass cover that slides open to reveal the wine, resting on a bed of straw, with the label showing nothing more than a painting of a vineyard.
A television commercial for Cingular played on the term showing Jill and her granny named Rose, who was texting her BFF.
A television commercial (for Cingular) played on the term showing Jill and her granny named Rose, who was texting her BFF.
She grabbed one of his hands, her expression showing deep concern.
He was, his expression showing only mild interest.
For meat products, the retailer will list the nationality on the label showing the meat package's weight.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.