from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or used in a diagnosis.
- adj. Serving to identify a particular disease; characteristic.
- n. The art or practice of medical diagnosis. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.
- n. A symptom or a distinguishing feature serving as supporting evidence in a diagnosis.
- n. An instrument or a technique used in medical diagnosis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to diagnosis
- adj. characteristic of a particular disease
- n. a technique etc. used in medical diagnosis
- n. Any tool or technique used to find the root of a problem
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or furnishing, a diagnosis; indicating the nature of a disease.
- n. The mark or symptom by which one disease is known or distinguished from others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to diagnosis; determining a diagnosis; indicating the nature; constituting a ground of discrimination.
- n. In pathology, a symptom of value in diagnosis.
- n. In zoology and botany, a term or phrase which constitutes a diagnosis; a definition or characterization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic or indicative of a disease
- adj. concerned with diagnosis; used for furthering diagnosis
Greek diagnōstikos, able to distinguish, from diagnōstos, distinguished, from diagignōskein, to distinguish; see diagnosis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)