from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to exegesis; critically explanatory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to exegesis; explanatory
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to exegesis; tending to unfold or illustrate; explanatory; expository.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of exegesis; explanatory; tending to interpret or illustrate; expository. Also exegetical.
- n. Exegetical theology; exegeties; exegesis.
- n. That part of algebra which treats of the methods of solving equations, whether numerically or geometrically; the theory of equations, in an early form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to exegesis
Sorry, no etymologies found.