Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of medicine which relates to the study of the symptoms as indicating the disease; symptomatology.
- n. Plural form of diagnostic.
- n. The process of determining the state of or capability of a component to perform its function(s).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That part of medicine which has to do with ascertaining the nature of diseases by means of their symptoms or signs.
- n. the branch of medical science dealing with the classification of disease
“There are huge opportunities for innovation in diagnostics, devices, delivery systems, and of course, medicines.”
“I ran the computer's built in diagnostics and it failed the Boot Test.”
“They came to study with, or to be treated by, pioneers in diagnostics and therapeutic medicine, such as the pediatrician Béla”
“Ed Michael, executive vice-president, diagnostic products, at Abbott Laboratories, says the drug company is increasing its investment in diagnostics.”
“I think the diagnostics are the same and the path they are going on is more or less the same," said Martin Lousteau, a former Argentine economy minister and minister of production for Buenos Aires province.”
“The high cost of the diagnostics is a serious problem because it makes many a parent think long and hard - mainly long - about whether it's necessary at all.”
“In fact, I've typo'd "diagnostics" twice in the last month.”
“Molotsane, 45, said he would need time to do some "diagnostics" and identify Telkom's business challenges before making statements on his plans for the parastatal.”
“We have another name for tests that look at individual measurable things and guide treatment in specific ways and they are called "diagnostics;" we have had tests like these forever.”
‘diagnostics’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for diagnostics.