from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, consisting of, or forming a pictorial composition of human or animal figures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Representing by means of a figure; emblematic.
- adj. Figurative, not literal.
- adj. Of numbers, describing a geometrical figure.
- adj. Pertaining to a figure, shape.
- adj. Pertaining to (human) figures.
- adj. Figurate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Represented by figure or delineation; consisting of figures.
- adj. Figurate. See Figurate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Represented by figure or delineation; consisting of figures.
- In music, same as figurate, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. consisting of or forming human or animal figures
From Old French figural, from late Latin figūrālis, from figūra ("figure"). (Wiktionary)