American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting a fraction.
- adj. Very small; insignificant: a minor candidate's fractional share of the vote.
- adj. Being in fractions or pieces.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to fractions; comprising a part or the parts of a unit; constituting a fraction: as, fractional numbers.
- adj. Pertaining to a fraction.
- adj. Divided; fragmentary; incomplete.
- adj. Very small; minute.
- adj. chemistry Relating to a process or product of fractional distillation.
- n. grammar An expression of a fractional number.
- n. Partial ownership of a property, such as real estate or a chartered airplane, such that each partial owner has use of the property for only a portion of the time.
- n. chemistry Relating to a fraction in a material distillation or separation process.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to fractions or a fraction; constituting a fraction.
- adj. Relatively small; inconsiderable; insignificant.
- adj. constituting or comprising a part or fraction of a possible whole or entirety
- From fraction + -al. (Wiktionary)
“ID guy insists that Shannon Information doesn't deal in fractional bits, even when it was pointed out that Shannon said "a decimal digit is about 3 1/3 bits.”
“Without a LoLR, any bank that engages in fractional reserve banking is always liable to a bank-run.”
“I also suppose it would be sorta ok if private banks wanted to engage in fractional reserve banking but only if there was a big notice in BIG BIG letters in the written contract explaining the risks.”
“Eagles, Maples, etc in fractional sizes cost to damn much.”
“The use of water bathing in fractional crystallization.”
“Its called "fractional reserve banking" which originated from the Federal Reserve..who are the masters of loaning 10 times more money then they actually have in their reserves!”
“Those fractions are probably the origin of the terms fractional distillation”
“Industry studies have shown that over the long term fractional ownership may be cheaper than renting after comparing the cost of vacationing to the cost of owning a fractional vacation residence, particularly in a highly desirable resort area.”
“What we know as fractional reserve banking equates to letting banks keep a tiny fraction of their deposits (their depositors 'money, one should perhaps add) in order to lend out the remainder for profit (theirs, not the depositors', one should perhaps add).”
“4 Except as to the following-described lands and right-of-way, all public lands in fractional section 7, T. 52 N.,”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fractional’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for fractional.