from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A number or numeral.
- adj. Variant of numerical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to numbers, especially the characters 0 to 9.
- n. Any number, proper or improper fraction, or incommensurable ratio.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to number; denoting number; consisting in numbers; expressed by numbers, and not letters
- adj. The same in number; hence, identically the same; identical.
- adj. relating to or having ability to think in or work with numbers. Contrasted with
- n. Any number, proper or improper fraction, or incommensurable ratio. The term also includes any imaginary expression like m + n√-1, where m and n are real numerics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as numerical, 2.
- n. An abbreviated form of numerical expression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or denoting numbers
- adj. measured or expressed in numbers
I AM NUMBER FOUR focuses on the fate of nine gifted children and their guardians, the sole survivors of a bitter war on their home planet called Lorien, who have settled on Earth under the protection of a charm that means their enemies can only kill them in numeric order.
State accountants and secretaries wielding various combinations of and competencies in numeric and written-word literacies were charged with ensuring the flow of silver to the mint in the state workshops.
This is a great system and/or argument for wine nerds who might actually talk about a wine's residual sugar, acidity, etc. in numeric terms, but in a consumer-driven industry that has a great deal of subjective loyalties, analysis, and opinions, I really don't see how this system could be implemented.
Since we've determined Sports is mainly regulated by numbers and the human ability to achieve certain numeric milestones or limits, we realize these numbers don't make great visual content.
What is interesting is that this recent bout of cold weather across North America was totally unforecasted – even 15 days out; niether medium range forecast models nor the short term numeric models came close to forecasting this event outside of 2 weeks.
ColdFusion will note the lack of quotes, evaluate the variable and create a variable x with a type of "numeric" - all hidden from you.
Invalid data for type "numeric" - Data Type Mapping for Oracle Publishers SQL SERVER - Maximum Columns per Primary Key - Fix: Error: Msg 1904, Level 16, The index on table has column names in index key list.
This one is a Numeric Projection Evaluation that will "assess a recruit’s ability to recognize a variety of patterns in numeric series."
The double-word numeric quantities are double-word integers, with % 17777777777 representing "unlimited".
I understand this is because the Access table is defined as numeric
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.