from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to geometry and its methods and principles.
- adj. Increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression.
- adj. Using simple geometric forms such as circles and squares in design and decoration.
- adj. Of or relating to properties in algebraic geometry involving algebraically closed fields.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to geometry.
- adj. increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression.
- adj. Using simple shapes such as circles, triangles and lines in a decorative object.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or according to the rules or principles of, geometry; determined by geometry.
- adj. characterized by simple geometric forms in design and decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to geometry; according to the rules or principles of geometry; done or determined by geometry.
- Bounded by straight lines and angles; forming straight lines and angles: as, geometric forms; geometrical ornament or markings on an insect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by simple geometric forms in design and decoration
- adj. of or relating to or determined by geometry
From Latin geōmetricus, from Ancient Greek γεωμετρικός (geōmetrikos). (Wiktionary)