from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the profession of obstetrics or the care of women during and after pregnancy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to obstetrics (the care of women during and after pregnancy).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to childbirth, midwifery, or the period around the time of the birth of children.
- adj. Of or pertaining to obstetrics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as obstetrical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or used in or practicing obstetrics
Latin obstetrīcius, pertaining to a midwife, from obstetrīx, obstetrīc-, midwife, from obstitus, past participle of obstāre, to stand opposite to : ob-, opposite to; see ob- + stāre, to stand; see stā- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)