from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, having, or operating by means of valves or valvelike parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to valves, such as those of the heart.
- adj. Like a valve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a valve or valves; specifically (Med.), of or pertaining to the valves of the heart.
- adj. Containing valves; serving as a valve; opening by valves; valvate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a valve or valvula; also, having the character of a valve; valviform.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or operating by means of valves
From Late Latin valvularum. (Wiktionary)