from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a number or numbers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to numbers or numbering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to a certain number; counting as one of a collection or body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to number or numbers; reckoned by or according to number; numerical.
- Belonging to a certain number; included or reckoned within the proper or fixed number.
Medieval Latin numerārius, from Late Latin, an accountant, from Latin numerus, number; see number.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)