from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to an exponent.
- adj. Mathematics Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent.
- adj. Mathematics Expressed in terms of a designated power of e, the base of natural logarithms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to an exponent.
- adj. Expressed in terms of a power of e.
- adj. In modern English, used to describe a high or rapid rate of change.
- n. Any function that has an exponent as an independent variable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to exponents; involving variable exponents
- adj. changing over time in an exponential manner, i. e. increasing or decreasing by a fixed ratio for each unit of time.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to an exponent or exponents; involving variable exponents.
- n. The function expressed by the infinite series 1 + x + ½x + ⅙x +, etc., or the Napierian base raised to the power indicated by the variable. Thus, ex = exp. x is the exponential of x.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or involving exponents
- n. a function in which an independent variable appears as an exponent
Sorry, no etymologies found.