from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resulting from divine providence.
- adj. Happening as if through divine intervention; opportune. See Synonyms at happy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fortunate as if occurring as a gift from a deity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Effected by, or referable to, divine direction or superintendence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Effected by the providence of God; proceeding from divine direction; referable to divine providence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resulting from divine providence
- adj. peculiarly fortunate or appropriate; as if by divine intervention
- adj. relating to or characteristic of providence
Sorry, no etymologies found.