American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Coming or acting in advance: clouds anticipant of a storm.
- adj. Expectant; anticipating: a team anticipant of victory.
- n. One who anticipates.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Anticipating; anticipative: in pathology, applied to periodic diseases whose attacks occur at decreasing intervals.
- n. One who anticipates or looks forward to something; an anticipator: as, “the sweet anticipant of dawn,”
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Anticipating; expectant; -- with
- adj. marked by eager anticipation
- n. one who anticipates
- From Latin anticipans, present participle of anticipo ("anticipate") (Wiktionary)
“Luisa is very anticipant about when I return to work.”
“I just love it when the sky is broody and anticipant, and especially when the light gets dim with the heaviness of the clouds!”
“It was mounted on the box seats very high up, where it looked conspicuously happy, and sounded a little hysterical; and it was packed, tight and warm and anticipant into every available seat.”
“She looked back into the hideous square hall, with its rows of chattering anticipant people, and up to the gallery packed with faces dyed yellowish drab by the near unmitigated gas sunburst, and she smiled brilliantly.”
“Inside the great temple the people of Nedra were singing and chanting with anticipant joy; outside the world was smiling benignly.”
“His gaze troubled her, and when he withdrew his eyes she looked at him, anticipant and fearing.”
“The launch of The Anthologist, the City's new "all day bar and kitchen" drew quite the anticipant crowd this evening.”
“I'm not sure I understand the conditions that caused that and what to anticipant in the current fiscal year.”
“But you know what bothers me now that Twilight is so big and its one of the most anticipant movies of 2009 everyone wants in on the action like those Disney stars! eww!!!”
“It was the furthest t shirt make your own that got me soonest anticipant kindly for ceratitis, i sat in my militiaman and pandar a autonomous wolffia off of my marmalade eysenck.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anticipant’.
all kinds of pants
Words with the first three or more letters repeated at the end, unless all letters are repeated (for those, see Isograms of lengths six, eight and ten). Overlaps are okay (alfalfa, entente), but wo...
Looking for tweets for anticipant.