American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Lacking importance.
- adj. Not following from premises or evidence; illogical.
- n. A triviality.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not consequential; not following from the premises; without cause or without consequences; illogical; irrational: as, inconsequential reasons or actions.
- Of no consequence or value.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Not regularly following from the premises; hence, irrelevant; unimportant; of no consequence.
- adj. not following logically as a consequence
- adj. lacking worth or importance
- in- + consequential. (Wiktionary)
“It's not like this absorption in the inconsequential is anything new.”
“And the interesting thing about the book, apart from its ability to enthrall, is that it hasn't really dated, or has dated only in inconsequential or charming ways.”
“It’s one thing to say you don’t like the changes, but to pretend they’re inconsequential is just … beyond silly.”
“If sense prevails, both of these formats will remain inconsequential. —”
“I figure this pack of yapping hyenas will just keep prattling about the insignificant and the inconsequential, which is fine.”
“The others having been labelled inconsequential by the monolithic mass media.”
“My brain keeps going to the work inconsequential, which is not the word, has nothing to do with the other word.”
“Everyone and everything in the film, apart from Streep, is inconsequential, which is a shame.”
“Those 30 bird strike incidents last year can be termed inconsequential, but that doesn't mean the Airport Authority doesn't take them seriously.”
“CNN devoted much more air time, immensely more personnel, and countless production resources describing how "inconsequential" this rally was, and giving airtime to administration mouthpieces who criticized the veracity of the message being demonstrated by the rally.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘inconsequential’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
Kangaroo words with joey-antonyms, e.g., pest/pet
My list of words.
mostly from magoosh
Vocabulary building for my quest of GRE 2013
Looking for tweets for inconsequential.