from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no importance or significance.
- adj. Inconsistent or illogical: inconsequent reasoning.
- adj. Proceeding without a natural or logical sequence; haphazard: a speech full of inconsequent statements.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of inconsequential.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not following from the premises; not regularly inferred; invalid; not characterized by logical method; illogical; arbitrary; inconsistent; of no consequence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not consequent; not resulting from what has preceded; out of proper relation; irrelevant: as, inconsequent remarks; his actions are very inconsequent.
- Not following from the premises; of the nature of an inference the conclusion of which might be false though the premises were true; illogical; formally fallacious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking worth or importance
Late Latin incōnsequēns, incōnsequent- : Latin in-, not; see in-1 + Latin cōnsequēns, consequent; see consequent.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)