from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or exhibiting deference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. respectful and considerate; showing deference
- adj. of, or relating to the vas deferens
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Expressing deference; accustomed to defer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Expressing or characterized by deference; respectful in manner.
- In anatomy, conveying away or carrying off; specifically, pertaining to the vas deferens, or deferent duct of the testes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing deference
Sorry, no etymologies found.