from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ready to do favors for others; accommodating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Happy and ready to do favours for others.
- v. Present participle of oblige.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Putting under obligation; disposed to oblige or do favors; hence, helpful; civil; kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a disposition to oblige or confer favors; ready to do a good turn or to be of service: as, an obliging neighbor; hence, characteristic of one who is ready to do a favor; accommodating; kind; complaisant: as, an obliging disposition.
- Synonyms Friendly. See polite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing a cheerful willingness to do favors for others
Sorry, no etymologies found.