Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to extension in space; having a dimension or dimensions; measurable in one or more directions: used in composition: as, a line is a one-dimensional, a surface a two- dimensional, and a solid a three-dimensional object.
- Relating to dimension: as, a dimensional equation.
- adj. Of or pertaining to dimensions.
- adj. comparable Having dimension or dimensions; three-dimensional.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to dimension.
- adj. of or relating to dimensions
- adj. having dimension--the quality or character or stature proper to a person
- dimension + -al (Wiktionary)
“Size matters: Shippers use what they call dimensional weight pricing, which takes into account the size of the package, instead of weight.”
“On the ground, he utterly ran over his opponents, though being one-dimensional is flattering unimpressive during this indicate in his career.”
“Also the technique of tricking your eyes to believe that something two dimensional is actually three dimensional ends up giving me sore eyes and a headache.”
“The way to make Abram three dimensional is to avoid saying, for instance, that he was strong.”
“Perhaps one of the most important changes in the DSM is called dimensional assessments noted above in the discussion of schizophrenic disorders.”
“That makes the movie, by my maths, nine dimensional, which is at least four more dimensions than the human mind is equipped to cope with.”
“In practice, however, so-called dimensional theories simplify the problem of representation by reducing these to just two or three (Russell 2003).”
“If one limit of the theory is 11-dimensional, and others are 10-dimensional, which is right?”
“What we're mostly seeing in a lot of older homes -- and even new construction -- is what's called dimensional lumber.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dimensional’.
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
nonparametric, nonparametric sta..., multivariate anal..., partial different..., multivariate, topology, stochastic, differential equa..., linear algebra, harmonic analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorial and 205 more...
Use these and get promoted
Mathematical metaphors in political discourse
Looking for tweets for dimensional.