from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to holography or holograms.
- adj. Of or being a document written wholly in the handwriting of the person whose signature it bears: a holographic will.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the form of a hologram or holograph.
- adj. Handwritten.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of a holograph; pertaining to holographs.
- adj. Of or pertaining to holography or holograms; produced by holography.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or of the nature of a holograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. written wholly in the handwriting of the signer
- adj. written entirely in one's own hand
- adj. of or relating to holography or holograms
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In research published online Dec. 5 in the journal Lab on a Chip, Ozcan described an improvement in the LUCAS system which he calls holographic LUCAS.
With frakkin 'holographic covers and ads in Smell-o-RAMA!
A television system applicable for viewing in holographic mode … Talk about getting sucked up in the movie!
This is a simple way to understand what is sometimes called the holographic universe.
The President speech on the Federal deficit marked a brilliant return to what might be called his "holographic" style.
Scientists measuring gravitational waves emanating from the Planck scale detect signals - initially thought to be noise - repeating at different scales (e.g. like octaves) separated by several orders of magnitude (described as holographic, fractal, or scale-free dynamics).
Break a holographic image in half and you do not get half of the image, you get a smaller version of the whole.
The technology uses a process called holographic optics.
ACCORDING TO THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR, David Grier, a scientist at New York University, has developed a laser technology called holographic video microscopy.
This need to constrain the edges is connected with a property known as the holographic principle, which appears to be an essential feature of quantum gravity.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.