from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to relativism.
- adj. Physics Of, relating to, or resulting from speeds approaching the speed of light: relativistic increase in mass.
- adj. Physics Having to do with or based on the theory of relativity: relativistic mechanics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to relativity
- adj. at, or near the speed of light
- adj. of, or relating to relativism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of, pertaining to, or in conformity with the theory of relativity.
- adj. moving at a speed sufficiently high that the changes of mass or time dilation predicted by the theory of relativity may be observed; moving at a significant fraction of the speed of light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of relativism
- adj. relating or subject to the special or the general theory of relativity
Sorry, no etymologies found.