from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to symbolic logic.
- adj. Of or relating to logistics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to logistics.
- adj. Relating to symbolic logic.
- adj. Relating to the logistic function.
- n. A logistic function or graph of a logistic curve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Logical.
- adj. Sexagesimal, or made on the scale of 60.
- adj. Of or pertaining to logistics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Skilled in or pertaining to computation and calculation.
- Proportional; pertaining to proportions.
- n. The art of calculation, with the fingers, with an abacus, with characters, or otherwise; practical or vulgar arithmetic.
- n. Sexagesimal arithmetic.
- In mathematics: Logarithmic.
- Pertaining to a logarithmic curve.
- n. A logistic curve. See cut under logistic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to logistics
The treaty also is giving the United States the ability to transport arms into Afghanistan through Russian airspace and land which will save the US approximately $133 million dollars in logistic costs per year.
A globalised world is a world following what I call the logistic principle.
"The bridge is what we call a logistic support bridge.
In most cases with a dichotomous (i.e., 0/1) outcome, it is appropriate to use what is known as a logistic regression model (which is non-linear).
Rather than growing indefinitely on an exponential path — say of 4% GDP growth per year — national and global economic systems must follow what is called a logistic pattern in which growth is eventually limited, at least in terms of resource consumption (see Figure 7).
A statistical method called logistic regression was used to analyze the data.
Gooley's love of the tournament -- and frustration with simple scoring systems -- led him to borrow a technique from his professional research called logistic regression.
The researchers used a statistical approach called logistic regression to develop the CSS method.
A statistical method called logistic regression was used to examine the association between dietary pattern and depression.
Topic 2: Ecosystems 2.3: Changes Exponential growth and Carrying Capacity • This can also be modeled as a mathematical equation and is called the logistic equation • It includes a component that slows population growth at a certain point - K the Carrying capacity
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.