American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of journalism or journalists.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to journals or newspapers, or to journalism; descriptive or characteristic of journalism or journalists: as, journalistic literature; journalistic enterprise.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to journals, journalism, or to journalists; contained in, or characteristic of, the public journals.
- adj. of or relating to or having the characteristics of journalism
- journal + -istic (“adjective”) – also parsed directly as journalist + -ic (“adjective”), also used in sense of related journalism (having to do with journalism). (Wiktionary)
“I come at this as a traditional Irish Catholic, not particularly religious but I really wanted to look at what I call a journalistic pilgrimage through the Holy Land.”
“The case was so surrealistic that the novelist Francisco Goldman decided to abandon the magic of fiction and tell this "baroque story of perhaps perverse human passions" in journalistic form in The Art of Political Murder.”
“Schiller says it's important to maintain journalistic objectivity.”
“These are worthy attributes, and whether their roots are in journalistic discipline or not they serve this unforgettable narrative superbly.”
“I had planned to seperate the journalistic from the personal (the good and the bad if you will) later on.”
“[Nathan] Gardels and [Michael] Medavoy's analysis of Hollywood vs foreign films falls into a common pattern within journalistic writing on entertainment," writes Kristin Thompson.”
“Although drama and news remained distinct genres with overlapping but divergent modes of staging, the nature of the newspaper medium at that particular moment in journalistic history brought to the fore powerful analogies between the two, with respect to both the physical presentation of events and the way we can experience time as imbued with tension and meaning.”
“Bloggers engaged in journalistic pursuits would be granted immunity from divulging confidential sources under a new bill pending in both chambers of Congress.”
“The maddening thing is that, even in journalistic terms - of there being a "good" story buried in here - there is sense in giving these deaths more space.”
“What interests me particularly is the contradiction in journalistic approach.”
Looking for tweets for journalistic.