from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of journalism or journalists.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. related to journalism or journalists
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to journals, journalism, or to journalists; contained in, or characteristic of, the public journals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to journals or newspapers, or to journalism; descriptive or characteristic of journalism or journalists: as, journalistic literature; journalistic enterprise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or having the characteristics of journalism
journal + -istic (“adjective”) – also parsed directly as journalist + -ic (“adjective”), also used in sense of related journalism (having to do with journalism). (Wiktionary)