from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the fathers of the early Christian church or their writings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the fathers of the early Christian church, especially to their writings
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Fathers of the Christian church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the fathers of the Christian church: as, patristic theology; patristic writings.
- n. One who studies or adheres to the doctrines of the fathers of the Christian church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the writings of the early church fathers
patri- + -istic (Wiktionary)