from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the characteristic of a cyst.
- adj. Having or containing cysts or a cyst.
- adj. Enclosed in a cyst.
- adj. Anatomy Of, relating to, or involving the gallbladder or urinary bladder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a cyst.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the gall bladder or the urinary bladder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of, or living in, a cyst.
- adj. Containing cysts; cystose.
- adj. Pertaining to, or contained in, a cyst; esp., pertaining to, or contained in, either the urinary bladder or the gall bladder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, pertaining to a cyst, in any sense.
- Resembling a cyst; cystoid; vesicular; bladdery.
- Having a cyst or cysts; full of cysts; cystose: as, a cystic tumor.
- In zoology, encysted; cysticercoid; hydatid: specifically applied to the encysted or hydatid state of any tapeworm (Tœnia): opposed to cestoid (which see).
- Also, improperly, cistic.
- Pertaining to or derived from cystin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a normal cyst (as the gallbladder or urinary bladder)
- adj. of or relating to or resembling a cyst
Sorry, no etymologies found.