from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or situated in the anterior part of the frontal lobe.
- adj. Situated anterior to the frontal bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to or situated in the anterior part of the frontal lobe
- adj. Of, pertaining to or situated in front of the frontal bone
- n. A prefrontal bone, scale, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated in front of the frontal bone, or the frontal region of the skull; ectethmoid, as a certain bone in the nasal capsule of many animals, and certain scales of reptiles and fishes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the fore part of the forehead, or to the part of the skull in which is the bone called the prefrontal.
- n. A bone of the anterior region of the skull of sundry vertebrates, being a lateral ethmoidal or ante-orbital ossification, most distinct in vertebrates below birds.
- n. A prefrontal process or shield.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. anterior to a frontal structure
Sorry, no etymologies found.