from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. At the back of the frontal bone; behind the forehead: a postfrontal suture.
- adj. Toward the rear of the frontal lobe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Behind the frontal bone
- adj. Behind a front
- n. A bone located behind the frontal bone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated behind the frontal bone or the frontal region of the skull; -- applied especially to a bone back of and below the frontal in many animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated behind the forehead: as, a post-frontal bone.
- Posterior with respect to certain gyres of the frontal lobe of the cerebrum.
- n. A bone of the skull of sundry vertebrates, situated at the back part of the brim of the orbit of the eye. It is not recognized as a distinct bone in animals above birds. See cut under Ichthyosauria.
- n. Same as postfrontal shield.
post- + frontal (Wiktionary)