American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or based on the number 16: the hexadecimal number system.
- adj. Of or relating to sixteenths.
- n. A sixteenth.
- n. arithmetic, computing A number system with base 16, using the digits 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E and F, useful in computing as a hexadecimal digit can represent four bits, half a standard byte. Informal short form used in computing: hex
- adj. Of a number, expressed in hexadecimal.
- adj. of or pertaining to a number system having 16 as its base
- hexadeca- + decimal; see the Wikipedia article for more information. (Wiktionary)
“Then I had to figure out how to decode the data, since it came across in hexadecimal form.”
“This command allows arbitrary memory of the device to be dumped in hexadecimal format to the terminal. address—The memory location to be dumped, specified as a hexadecimal address.”
“But access points that use WEP and are not made by Apple only deal in hexadecimal.”
“Eric Meyer had a better idea for personalized license plates - your plate would the color of your car, as expressed in hexadecimal.”
“Because 256 pennies is one hexadecimal dollar, which is sort of”
“The key in question is a lengthy string of hexadecimal text that underlies a copy-prevention regime called "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection," used in Blu-ray movies and other forms of high-definition content.”
“Sounds like something similar as to what happened with those $23 quadrillion Visa errors where binary zeroes became hexadecimal spaces instead.”
“This is mostly a nitpick, but MAC addresses are 6 bytes, and it happens to take 12 hexadecimal digits to represent those 6 bytes.”
“I can count in 16 different number bases, including hexadecimal, and they all say the same thing: Obam FAILED TO WIN the number of delegates he needed to put him over the top.”
“What makes it confusing to non-geeks is that hexadecimal uses the letters A, B, C, D, E, F and the numbers 0 – 9 to represent the values.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hexadecimal’.
... to use these words in spoken English and reap esteem. In the SPOKEN corpus of the COCA (full corpus: 450 million words) none of these occur.
Just having some fun looking up words...
But if I cannot remember them, what is the point?
These cool words I am planning to memorize.
Including Logic as well.
Miscellaneous words and phrases which have crossed my life.
Looking for tweets for hexadecimal.