from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or based on the number 16: the hexadecimal number system.
- adj. Of or relating to sixteenths.
- n. A sixteenth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A number system with base 16, using the digits 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E and F, useful in computing as a hexadecimal digit can represent four bits, half a standard byte. Informal short form used in computing: hex
- adj. Of a number, expressed in hexadecimal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to a number system having 16 as its base
hexadeca- + decimal; see the Wikipedia article for more information. (Wiktionary)