from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An evil spell; a curse.
- n. One that brings bad luck.
- transitive v. To put a hex on.
- transitive v. To bring or wish bad luck to: "Chilly evening weather and a chain of minor snafus seemed to hex the $5,000-a-seat gala on Governors Island” ( Newsweek).
- adj. Hexagonal. Used of hardware.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put a hex (a spell, especially an evil spell) on.
- n. An evil spell or curse.
- n. A witch.
- n. A spell (now rare but still found in compounds such as hex sign and hexcraft).
- n. Short for hexadecimal.
David Ashley's glowering sorcerer, Abanazer, supplies what someone calls the hex factor.
John on Jun 20, 2008 no idea who/what jonah hex is but have to go with fillion on this one, hes badass and a great actor, thomas jane is not now wheres my serenity sequel harrison on Jun 20, 2008
Snyder after a win over Dallas, witnessed for himself how powerful the Cowboys 'hex is over the Redskins.
Already a decades-old product in America, these dirt-scoopers, which weigh in at 38 tons, haven't made much headway in China, which still relies on the smaller "hex" -- industry jargon for hydraulic excavator -- and trucks on most construction sites.
: its only a hex if you call a hex jack: P I hope to start readjusting my sleep schedule .. would be l ...
I’m not a— I couldn’t think of a word for hex just then in Lambaneish.
But Warner knows that Mexico not making the hex is a big hit to the wallet of CONCACAF.
They briefly mention the possibility of a watch that displays the seconds since Unix epoch, which is what I really want, especially if it can do so in hex.
As a matter of fact Nellie was small for her years, and Mrs. Ambrose, who was the most truthful of women, felt that she could not conscientiously agree in calling hex tall.
Now, my friends, this manner of opening a story is what the man who taught rhetoric would call a hex -- hex -- '
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.