from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To turn into or as if into a demon.
- transitive v. To possess by or as if by a demon.
- transitive v. To represent as evil or diabolic: wartime propaganda that demonizes the enemy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To turn into a demon.
- v. To describe or represent as evil or diabolic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To convert into a demon; to infuse the principles or fury of a demon into.
- transitive v. To control or possess by a demon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To subject to the influence of demons; make like a demon; render demoniacal or diabolical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make into a demon
From Medieval Latin daemonizo, from daemon + -izo. Compare Ancient Greek δαιμονίζομαι (daemonizomai, "to be possessed by a demon"), from δαίμων (deamon, "demon") (Wiktionary)